Remote Hearing – May 11, 2020
Notice and agenda for regular planning meeting of the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 Time: 10:00 am Under Government Code section 11123(a), all meetings of a state body are open and public, and all persons are permitted to attend any meeting of a state body, except as otherwise provided in that article. Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended due to a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with the Executive Order, this Commission meeting will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which Commissioners will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to observe the meeting may do so via web or phone.
The weblink is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82830589115. The phone conference number is +1 669 900 6833 and the meeting ID is 828 3058 9115. Members of the public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Members of the public who wish to comment on any agenda item may do so by pushing the raised hand button in Zoom during consideration of the agenda item they wish to comment on. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to approximately 2 minutes.
- Report from Commissioners
- Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act presentation: The California Attorney General’s Office will present a summary of open meeting requirements.
- Public Comment: During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item that has been listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Commission and before any action is taken.
- Closed Session: Personnel Matter (Gov. Code § 11126, subds. (a)-(b)): Employment of an Executive Director
- Reconvene to Open Session
The Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the members of the board is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Commission Secretary, Christopher Punongbayan, at 310-985-0577, as soon as practicable, but at least by the day before the meeting.
Requests for information prior to the meeting may be directed to Commission Secretary, Christopher Punongbayan, at 310-985-0577 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view this agenda online please visit our website at http://caapicommission.org/