California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs
Strategic Planning Committee Meeting
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2022 Time: 3:00PM – 4:00PM (PST)
Under Government Code section 11123(a), all meetings of a state body are open and public, and all persons are permitted to attend any meeting of a state body, except as otherwise provided in that article. Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended due to a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with the Executive Order, this Commission meeting will be conducted virtually by zoom. None of the locations from which Commissioners will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to observe the meeting may do so via web or phone.
The weblink to register is https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sY6gNna-TPuHnqazq0oZsQ
Members of the public will be invited to provide comments at the time the specific agenda item is raised. Members of the public who wish to make a comment may do so by pushing the raised hand button in Zoom during consideration of the agenda item they wish to comment on. Speakers are asked to limit their comment to 1-minutes. Under newly-signed AB 1261, by amendment to the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, members of the public who use translating technology will be given additional time to speak during a Public Comment period. Upon request to the Chair, they will be given at least twice the amount of time normally allotted.
- Call meeting to order – Chair Karthick Ramakrishnan
- Roll Call – Secretary Kirk
- Opening comments from Chair
- Strategic Plan
- Recap conversation from Full Commission Meeting – Nkauj Iab
- Discussion – Committee members
- Next Steps
- Public Comment – During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Commission and before any action is taken.
- Comments from the Chair and Commissioners
The Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Commission ensures that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. By providing that this notice and information given to Commissioners is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as practicable, and at least by the day before the meeting.
Requests for information prior to the meeting may be directed to Nkauj Iab Yang at email@example.com. To view this agenda online please visit our website at https://capiaa.ca.gov.
*Agenda items are subject to change