Simon Pang, Commissioner
Simon Pang immigrated from Singapore in late 1989. Pang is the Executive Vice President / Co-Founder of Royal Business Bank (founded in 2008) and serves as the President of the US-Sino Friendship Association.
After completing high school in Singapore, Pang furthered his studies at California State University receiving a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Pang’s banking career began immediately after graduation in 1982 and now has 38 years of experience.
Prior to joining Royal Business Bank 皇佳商业银行 as a founder / an Executive Vice President in 2008, Pang was Head of Commercial Lending. From 2000 to 2008, he was a SVP/Commercial and International Banking Manager at United Commercial Bank 联合银行. His international experience has included employment with various banks in Asia, including –International Loan Officer at Bank of America’s Singapore Branch from 1981-1984; Corporate Banking Loan Officer with Standard Chartered Bank from 1984 to 1986; and Manager, Singapore United Overseas Bank Xiamen Branch 新加坡大华银行厦门 from 1986-1989.
From 1989-1992, Pang was Vice President/Senior Loan Officer for Lippo Bank 印尼力宝集团 and from 1992-1994 for Guaranty Bank of California 印尼中亜银 行. From 1994-1997, Pang was Vice President/Trade Finance Manager at Tokai Bank of California 加卅东海银行 and from 1997-2000 as a First Vice President for Imperial Bank 加卅帝国银行
In 2013 and 2016, Pang was invited to join the California Trade Delegation to China led by California Governor Jerry Brown. In 2013, Pang was appointed by the Governor to serve on the Advisory Board of US China Trade and Investment Committee.
- In 2018 he was appointed by California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon to serve on the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs (CAPIAA),
- Pang also served as an Advisor of National Diversify Coalition (NDC),
- Pang also served on The California Highway Patrol Citizen Advisory Board (CHP CAB) and a Board member of the Los Angeles County Sheriff Youth Foundation,
- In September this year, the National Governing Board of Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs (APAPA) approved and appointed Pang as one of its National Governing Board members, and
- Pang was recently elected and serve as an Honorable Chairman of Sino-American Aviation Heritage Foundation.