California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs
Full Commission Meeting
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 | Time: 2:00PM (PST)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs will conduct a teleconference meeting on Tuesday, June 6, 2023. Government Code Section 11133, which shall remain in effect until July 1, 2023, allows a state body to hold public meetings through teleconferencing and make public meetings accessible telephonically, or otherwise electronically, to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the state body, subject to the notice and accessibility requirements in subdivisions (d) and (e). The remote locations from which Commissioners will participate will not be listed to the public.
Zoom link: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97410361906?pwd=WEIyZitRR0RDeWFoUXV3RlgzZnlKdz09
The Commission is not responsible for unforeseen technical difficulties that may occur in the audio feed.
Members of the public will be invited to provide comments at the time the specific agenda item is raised. Speakers are asked to limit their comment to 1-minutes. Under AB 1261, by amendment to the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, members of the public who use translating technology will be given additional time to speak during a Public Comment period. Upon request to the Chair, they will be given at least twice the amount of time normally allotted.
- Call meeting to order – Chair Karthick Ramakrishnan
- Roll Call – Secretary Lance Toma
- Commission will convene in Closed Session to discuss Personnel Matters
- Public Comment – During this comment period, any person is invited to speak on any topic that is not listed on this agenda. Action may not be taken on any matter raised during this public comment period until the matter is specifically listed on a future agenda. Those who wish to comment on an item listed on this agenda may comment when that item has been opened for consideration by the Commission and before any action is taken.
- Comments from the Chair and Commissioners
The Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Commission ensures that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. By providing that this notice and information given to Commissioners is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as practicable, and at least by the day before the meeting.
Requests for information prior to the meeting may be directed to email@example.com. To view this agenda online please visit our website at capiaa.ca.gov.
*Agenda items are subject to change